Eating same old fasting food every day for 7 days makes Navratri boring and monotonous. How long can one eat Sabudana ki Tikki or pumpkin curry with rice or oily puris?
But what if I tell you that you can break these culinary boundaries without breaking the fasting rules?
This Navratri season, ditch the old traditional vrat recipes and indulge in a lot more than just usual fare. Here are some cool and easy suggestions for satvik food recipes to make your Navratri lot more fun and healthy.
1. Samvat Dhokla
Yes, yes! Dhoklas on the fasting menu.
- Samvat Rice
- Rock salt
- Chilli Paste
- Grated coconut
- Roast the samvat rice in a pan very lightly. Do not let them turn brown.
- Prepare the batter by mixing rice, chilli paste, rock salt, & yoghurt. Leave the mixture to ferment overnight.
- Grease the tin with a little ghee and add the batter to it.
- put the tin into a steamer and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- temper it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Garnish with grated coconut and serve.
2. Banana Kebabs
- Raw Bananas- boiled
- Boiled potatoes
- Rock Salt
- Chilli Powder
- Chat Masala
- Mash all the ingredients in the bowl.
- Make round balls from the mash.
- Cook it in a heated pan with oil.
Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezy!
3. Buckwheat Crepes
Or as you would call it crepes made Kuttu ka Atta.
- Buckwheat flour
- Vanilla Extract
- Honey for a drizzle
- Fruits of your liking
- Whisk the flour, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth. Keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat the pan and drizzle some oil. Pour the batter with a ladle and spread evenly in a circle.
- Cook until it is golden brown in colour.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- Drizzle with honey and top it with fruits of your liking.
4. Pumpkin Spice Latte
Why go to Starbucks when you can make this at your home?
- Pumpkin Puree
- Cinnamon Powder
- Vanilla Extract
- In a saucepan, whisk together everything except coffee until it starts to steam.
- Remove the pan from heat and blend it for about 15 seconds after cooling.
- Make the coffee as you would like.
- In a cup, mix half part coffee and half part pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder.
There you go!
Happy fasting or feasting whatever you prefer! 😀